Incorporating more “cleansing foods” in your diet
We’re often telling our clients to make healthy food choices here at Energy Fitness, and today we’re going over HOW to get more cleansing foods in your regular diet.
Certain foods that are considered “cleansing foods” contain Indole-3-C (think cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.). These make your skin look better, they make you feel better, help you think more clearly, and more.
Learn more about what these are in the video below:
They also help clean out your system… getting rid of all the junk and making you feel lighter.
Here are few more detoxing tips:
- Infrared Sauna – This is similar to a regular sauna, however it also safely penetrates deep into your muscles and joints without any UV radiation.
- Dry Brushing – It’s essentially exfoliating your whole body with a long, bristled, wooden brush that are used in the shower, but without the water. Start from the bottom up (feet first). It helps to remove toxins in the skin, allows more blood flow, and leaves skin feeling energized and super soft.
- Drink warm lemon water – Have it right when you wake up. It helps to “wake up” the digestive system and removes toxins in the gut, also known as “second brain” (say goodbye to brain fog!)
- Stop eating 2 hours before bed – When we snack right before bed, we’re not giving our bodies enough time to properly break down our food. A detox tea would be a great alternative between dinner and bedtime.
- Avoid gluten, wheat, dairy, caffeine, and alcohol – I know what you’re thinking… “you want me to give up everything good?” But the truth is, all of these can create an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut. By giving your system a vacation from having to digest these, you’ll start noticing how much better you feel within a few days!
- 10-Day Detox – Sometimes you may even need more detoxifying foods. If you think that might be the case, try our 10-Day Detox by signing up here: 10-Day Detox
Not a client? Live in town and interested in our personal training or nutrition coaching? Click here for a FREE Consult (value $87) or give us a call at 901-466-6242
Interested in our Massage or Body Wraps? Click here.
Energy Fitness, 552 South Main Street, Memphis, TN 38103