What is Craniosacral Therapy is & how it addresses many health ailments
cra•ni•o•sa•cral ther•a•py (involves the cranal – head and the sacral – sacrum bone pelvis region)
Instead of reaching for medicine, sugary foods, or other vices for stress, pain, orthopedic problems, TMJ syndrome, brain fog and etc.. discover how YOU can get better and longer lasting results from this mode of massage therapy. By normalizing the environment around the brain and spinal cord and enhancing the body’s ability to self-correct, CranioSacral Therapy is able to alleviate a wide variety of dysfunctions, from chronic pain and sports injuries to stroke and neurological impairment.
Energy Fitness’ Massage therapist Mae Jensen is trained in CranioSacral Therapy (CST) developed by John E. Upledger, DO, OMM. John is an Osteopathic Physician & pioneered the method after years of clinical testing and research at Michigan State University where he served as professor of biomechanics.
Call NOW to schedule your session with Mae Jensen, LMT 256-454-2297
1 hour $75 (new clients $50)
Click on the videos to see & hear Mae’s explaination of Craniosacral Therapy if you are more of a visual learner, if not check out the bullet points below.
Set your intention before getting started!
Cliff Notes on how CST performed & some health benefits?
- Stress & Strains of everyday life = body compensation
- Body compensation = body tissues tighten and distort the craniosacral system
- Distortions = tension to form around the brain and spinal cord resulting in restrictions.
- Restrictions = can create a barrier to the healthy performance of the central nervous system, and potentially every other system it interacts with.
- Soft touch techniques by the CST practitioner using his/her hands to evaluate the craniosacral system & testing for ease of motion and rhythm of the cerebrospinal fluid pulsing around the brain and spinal core can help release restrictions in any tissues influencing the craniosacral system.
- gentle, hands-on approach using light touch
- generally no greater than 5 grams of pressure – about the weight of a nickel
- the touch releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction
- practitioners release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround, support & nourish the central nervous system
- this improves overall health and well-being & performance
- complementary method of hands-on bodywork helps to alleviate the aches, pains and strains of life; improves coping mechanisms to allow for better management of stress.
- works with the natural and unique rhythms of the different body systems to pinpoint and address problem sources.
- CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease
What conditions does CranioSacral Therapy address?
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Migraines and Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Autism (click to see video for techniques)
- Stress and Tension-Related Disorders
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Infant and Childhood Disorders
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Fatigue
- TMJ Syndrome
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Orthopedic Problems
- And Many Other Conditions