2011 June

June 29, 2011

Lot’s of you always want to know what I eat and think if you just follow me around and eat what I eat you will be skinny. Probably so, but I have my weak moments too. 80% of the time eat healthy and live clean and the other 20% enjoy what makes you happy.

As of this post as 1 full day in on a sheet of paper that I have been toting back and forth from home to work as I meant to blog about this weeks ago. The other is from yesterday June 29, 2011.

1 day

6:45 am – 4 egg whites and 1 yolk, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 cup kix cereal, 1.5 cups brown rice puff cereal, 1 cup vanilla soymilk, handful broccoli sprouts, vitamins
9 am – orange
10 am – large apple
12 pm – 3 boiled egg whites & 1 yold
1pm – 1 tablespoon almond butter
3pm – fruit leather
4:45 pm – protein shake with banana
6:30 pm – brown rice tortilla, raw red peper, raw slices squash, few sprays of olive oil in pan for tortilla shell, 3 ounces turkey slices, 1/2 capful zesty italian dressing, 1/4 fresh tomato, 2 tablespoons avacado
8:30 pm – 2 cups puffed rice cereal, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 cup almond milk

Total protein for day about 81 grams – NOT ENOUGH for this day. i need to get between 90 and 120 everyday to keep my muscles feed (or as many of you like to say toned)

Today – I ate 8 meals/snacks
6:30 am – 4 egg whites and 1 yolk, 1.5 cups of kix cereal with 1 cup of vanilla soy milk, 1 table spoon almond butter
9:30 am – fruit leather
workout – weights and cardio (total 45 minutes)
10:50 am – post workout shake
11:30 am – large banana and about 2 handfuls of unsalted cashews
1:30 p.m. – large apple
3 p.m. – 4 giradelli chocolate squares
3:10 p.m. – raw cabbage salad, 4 baby carrots, 2 egg whites and 1 yolk, 1/2 capful of zesty lime italian dressing
6:30 p.m. – dinner with a neighbor – 2 ounces baked salmon (olive oil seasoned), 4 ounces of ground turkey patties I made (ingredients: dry quiona, puff rice cereal, eggs, olive oil and water for pan, pepper), butter leaf lettuce, 1 shitake mushroom, 1 sweet potato chip with salsa, carrot slivers, pepper slices, dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinagrette, 1 cup steam broccoli (no seasoning), 1 cup rice, water

Total grams of protein for the day equals about 90 grams.

Do you notice how I pretty much graze all day long? That’s the biggest secret (meal timing) to reaching and maintaining your goal weight.

One research study in England selected a group of participants that ate 4 meals each day. One group was instructed to cut out the forth meal but get the same number of calories within 3 meals. The group that cut out the forth meal but continued to consume the same number of calories gained weight. Conclusion: eating more frequently (meal timing) smaller meals (as eating large meals teaches your body to store fat) leads to a greater control over a healthy weight as people tend to choose more wisely when the presence of hunger is not as great.

I hope you get inspired to write down what you eat at least for a few days so you can see the holes in your nutrition and get on board to lose that weight. It may be a real eye opener for you.

***I am seriously thinking of taking pictures of everything i stick in my mouth for two weeks (lots of clients have expressed an interest) if I can find an app for my iphone that i can name the pictures immediately and don’t have to wait to download to name (any suggestions?). It will be a pain in the butt, however; if at least 7 people say that if would help them then i will do it.

Comment on this post…..I want to know what your thoughts are. Tonya

Not a client and want a Free Fitness or Nutrition Consult (value $87) or

interested in our Personal Training Services click here or call us 901-466-6242.

Check out our customized online training ($40-$80) here:  Online Customized Training

Interested in our Massage or Body Wraps? Click here.


June 22, 2011

Patrick Osteen was looking for a trainer with results and he found that here at Energy Fitness. After seeing the testimonials on the website, he decided to make a commitment to his health with us.

Not a client and want a Free Fitness or Nutrition Consult (value $87) or

interested in our Personal Training Services click here or call us 901-466-6242.

Check out our customized online training ($40-$80) here:  Online Customized Training

Interested in our Massage or Body Wraps? Click here.


June 22, 2011

Tara came to Energy Fitness looking to get in better shape for her upcoming wedding. Check out the improvements she has made!

Not a client and want a Free Fitness or Nutrition Consult (value $87) or

interested in our Personal Training Services click here or call us 901-466-6242.

Check out our customized online training ($40-$80) here:  Online Customized Training

Interested in our Massage or Body Wraps? Click here.