Should you drink Alkaline Water…Benefits
As a personal trainer at Energy Fitness in Downtown Memphis and always striving to achieve optimal health for both myself and our personal training and healing arts clients we wanted to inform you about Alkaline water. Alkaline water may alleviate symptoms of various conditions and help restore health and vitality. After doing some research on alkaline filters, having a lengthy conversation with a filter company owner and using the filter I am loving the benefits of my new health aid which also helps me with digestion.
Alkaline defined in basic terms is being in a non-acidic environment (base).
An acidic environment is more prone to cancer, illness and diseases.
How can I test my pH levels?
Just head to your local drugstore or online retailer and pick up a pack of pH teststrips. Urine strips tend to be more accurate. There are additionally strips or rolls that you can tear off amount needed to test via your saliva. You can test your pH levels often throughout the day, but try to do so at the same time each morning, as your body will be more acidic the earlier you measure. The goal is to get your morning urine pH between 6.5 and 7.5.
Alkaline water can be bought in many grocery or health food stores. It can also be found in plastic bottles and the drawback to that is mostly you are subjecting yourself to more plastics which can mess with your hormones. Now it makes sense to me why I always loved the taste of Voss water in glass bottles.
Ways to consume more alkaline water:
- Make your own at home. Even though lemon and lime juices are acidic, they contain minerals that can change the composition of water. Adding a squeeze of lemon or lime to a glass of water can make your water more alkaline.
- Purchase a molecular hydrogen machine for your home (a much larger investment @$3k initially plus filters)
- Purchase a the one I bought for about $30 that lasts 3 months and 750 refills cartridge that you can put in any refillable water bottle and adds calcium, magnesium and potassium as it filters. The company has had such great response they are currently back ordered and repackaging with a more informative design for the consumer. https://go-filtr.com/ (also available on amazon)
Is it safe?
The issue that many health professionals have with alkaline water isn’t its safety, but rather the health claims that are made about it. There isn’t enough scientific evidence to support the use of alkaline water as a treatment for any health condition. Food components that leave an acidic ash include protein, phosphate and sulfur, while alkaline components include calcium, magnesium and potassium. By choosing more alkaline foods, you should be able to “alkalize” your body and improve health.
Don’t want to study the info-graphic? Certain food groups are considered acidic, alkaline or neutral:
- Acidic: Meat, poultry, fish, dairy, eggs, grains and alcohol.
- Neutral: Natural fats, starches and sugars.
- Alkaline: Fruits, nuts, legumes and vegetables.
What Are the Health Benefits of Alkaline Water?
- may alleviate symptoms of various conditions and help restore health and vitality
- boost immunity and may help neutralize the acidity in your body, which is caused by poor diet, stress and environmental toxins
- contain various minerals like magnesium and calcium
- slow the aging process
- Mineralized Alkaline Water Contains Powerful Antioxidants (Antioxidants are powerful bodies that fight free radicals that can potentially harm the immune system)
- Alkaline water has a smaller molecular content, allowing it to be more easily absorbed by the body which can lead to better hydration (great news for athletes wanting optimal performance and recovery)
- reduction of acid reflux
- remove micro-plastics, fluoride, chlorine, rust, sediments, bacteria, parasites, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, industrial chemicals, trihalomethanes, heavy metals, organic chemicals, particulates, odors and tastes
To your health!!
Interested in the services at Energy Fitness?
Click here for a FREE consult (value $87) or give us a call at 901-466-6242
WANT TO CHECK OUT OR PURCHASE ENERGY FITNESS MEAL PLANS
FROM $3.99-$19.99 CLICK HERE: MEAL PLANS
Click here for information on our Healing Arts Services (Massage, Body Wraps, Reiki, Intuitive Healing). We also have all natural spray tanning, hypnotherapy, past life regression, life between lives and energy work.
WHY TAKE TONYA’S ADVICE?
Below are a couple of Tonya’s certifications that compliment her Master Degree in exercise science and ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist and over 25 years experience in the fitness industry.