Men have stress no doubt and usually aren’t as good about allowing themselves good self care practices. All too many times the wrong solution is reached for like alcohol, smoking/vaping, fatty foods, destructive behaviors and lack of exercise.
No matter the source, chronic stress has significant effects on the body. Studies have linked it to a variety of health issues involving mood, sleep, appetite, and more.
Only 21.9% of adults in the US make time for light-to-moderate exercise at least five days a week
May these few suggestions bust the stress and get you on the right path.
- Consider even just 20 minutes of exercise near daily with bouts of cardio, mobility and strength exercises. Too often men think if they can’t get 45 minutes or more of exercise then it’s just not worth it. Think about exercise and eating the right foods and portion sizes as change that adds up. You may not think you are doing much but think big picture as your accumulated efforts can add up and add extra motivation to keep doing the stress busters for self-care. Exercise releases the feel good chemicals called endorphins that can cause the body to relax which can also help with blood pressure.
- Good nutrition helps the body recover from stress. Eating the right foods gets easier after 3 days and better habits can take hold. Recognize your triggers to get off plan. Eat off smaller plates, reduce your portion sizes and minimize snacking. Try eating for your blood type (don’t know yours? donate blood. Consider Supplementation where you fall short. See below choices from Metagenics.
- Be Present…Change What You Can and Accept What You Cannot! Find the good in life and praise it.
Accordingly, we suggest that men look into the following dietary supplements by Metagenics:
- MetaRelax® features an appealing orange citrus flavor in a dissolvable stick pack and promotes a positive mood, restful sleep, and relaxation.*
- Tran-Q® is a classic herbal stress management formula designed to promote relaxation.*
- Adreset® is designed to support resilience and stamina in individuals who are feeling mild weakness and fatigue due to stress.*
- NuSera® is a chocolate-flavored chewable featuring Lactium, which research suggests promotes a healthy response to stress.*
- Exhilarin® offers a formula rooted in Ayurvedic tradition, designed to help support energy and stress tolerance.*
- Adrenogen® pairs raw adrenal concentrate with select B vitamins to encourage a healthy adrenal function.*
Find Tonya online with live personal training/coaching or hire her to write a program for you with your own personalized 4-6 minute demo of each of your custom workouts included. Greenville, South Carolina site to be available this year in the town of Travelers Rest, South Carolina. Stay tuned for more details as we are working on securing a location. Memphis location 552 South Main, Memphis, TN 38103 is no longer onsite for training, massage and nutrition coaching.
Tonya Tittle, M.S., ACSM, LMT, TPI Level 1
Owner/Dir. of Training