Energy Fitness Memphis Trainer’s advice to living to be a 100!
Personal Trainer Tonya Tittle of Energy Fitness in Downtown Memphis will talk about in this blog post ways to optimize your living to age 100 and beyond. Are you a member of a Memphis Gym? Okay, great! Have you ever thought that this is only a small part of the equation to optimizing your mortality?
In a recent New York Times article, there was a story on Centenarians (people that live to be a 100+ years old) from the island of Ikaria (Greece).
Turns out it’s not only what they eat and do, but also what they don’t eat and don’t do that sets them apart.
The Do’s are:
- wake up naturally,
- start the day with a teaspoon of local honey,
- consume a diet high in olive oil, beans and leafy greens,
- eat fish twice a week,
- enjoy a moderate amount of alcohol,
- daily naps and socializing with friends and neighbors,
- nightly herbal tea (elixir),
- sleep and sex might have something to do with a longer life,
- staying active, walking everyday, and
- keeping engaged in the community (see sense of purpose)
Here are the Dont’s:
- eat too much refined sugars,
- eat a lot of dairy
- eat meat more than 5 times a month
Other ways to lengthen your life are very easy things to do:
- Gratitude list: write down all the things you are grateful for and focus on the positive in your life.
- Cultivate a sense of purpose: it’s much easier to get going in the morning if you know what to do with your life, what you want to accomplish during the day, month or year
Not a client and want a Free Fitness or Nutrition Consult (value $87) or
interested in our Personal Training Services click here or call us 901-466-6242.
Check out our customized online training ($40-$80) here: Online Customized Training
Interested in our Massage or Body Wraps? Click here.