If you are like most people you are just thinking of what you put on your skin like sunblock, moisturizers, cleansers and other topical creams, gels, ointments, creams, etc. I dare you to think more internally for a personal 2 week challenge. Even if you can’t d
The Glowing Skin Challenge:
1. take a selfie in the same light / time of time that you will take a post picture. morning is usually best and no makeup
2. incorporate foods that will make your skin glow from the inside out like red, orange and yellow peppers, carrots, spinach, kale, celery (a great detox veggie), avocado, cucumber
3. incorporate powders easily put in a protein shake or in water if you are hard core like spirulina, chorella, matcha and other such greens powders
4. incorporate fruits like oranges, watermelon, pineapple, apricot, pomegrante, mango, papaya, apple, banana, grapes, kiwi, lemon (great at lemon water), cherries, blueberries
5. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces throughout the day. Add electrolytes as needed.
6. reduce or cut: sugar, candy or other sugar-laden snacks
7. cut milk as consumption of dairy products may be wreaking havoc on your skin
8. cut spicy & hot foods to reduce redness and blotchiness
9. cut fried or greasy foods
10. reduce consumption of red meat which is acidic to the body and hard to digest
11. reduce or eliminate alcohol (it causes puffiness, redness for some people and less than ideal skin tone)
12. Put a calendar on your fridge and mark with an X your first day
13. Put an X on that calendar day 14 and when you awake on day 15 take another selfie.
14. With a phone app pair the pictures and see for yourself all your efforts.
15. Show someone so you can get needed praise and a reason to continue your new habits you have formed. We all like to know that others see the change too and maybe you can motivate them to do the same.
We are the sum of the 5 people we hang around. Are you hanging out with people with support positive and healthy well-being? If not, maybe it’s time to change that to. Be the change so you can inspire change.
Why put off your fitness…..let’s discuss your fitness & nutrition needs. All it takes is a call or text to get the conversation started. Maybe you can be one of the charter clients for South Carolina location, LET’S GET MOVING, even if it’s online for now. Plans to restart construction by the fall 2022. Don’t get me started on why we paused as I’m in a constant state of trying to be present.
Tonya Tittle, M.S., ACSM, LMT, TPI Level 1
Owner/Dir. of Training
(Club 29 Fitness Inc.)