Having been around fitness facilities for over 30 years music is often in the background. Trends have changed where in bigger gyms or Y’s you see lots of clients listening to their own music of choice. No longer is a big box gym known as a place to be social if the majority of people have ear phones or ear buds in and cranked up. Especially in the year 2020 known as a shift in social behavior with social distancing and limited capacity at many facilities. Online fitness classes having people geared up to workout right from their homes or as they travel to onsite hotel gyms is another way you might see people wearing ear buds or headphones. Just protect your hearing and keep that volume lower! We all know by know that the grocery stores tend to play music to make you buy more based on mood and feelings you have when hearing the songs if you pay attention to them.
Remember aerobics and step group classes being all the rage starting in the 80s? Did you know that the music selection or list was typically a certain beats per minute depending on the level of intensity the instructor was teaching the class. Then we moved onto music apps where you can get beast mode or meditation beats per minute giving you a list of songs or creating choices in these ranges. You can type in healing music for different areas of the body on YouTube and there are lots of choices now.
Let’s talk music for healing in terms of frequencies or hertz
Whether you’re relatively new to soothing sounds or are a seasoned listener, the term ‘Solfeggio frequencies’ might be entirely new to you. Solfeggio frequencies refer to specific tones of sound that help with and promote various aspects of body and mind health. These frequencies are reputed to date back to ancient history and said to be the fundamental sounds used in both Western Christianity and Eastern Indian religions, chanted by the Gregorian Monks and in ancient Indian Sanskrit chants. In college I had a Gregorian Chants Cd and Enigma which I found zen and still I enjoy this type of chill music when I feel I need it.
Research has been done showing the Gregorian and Sanskrit chants had the most positive, even healing, effects by increasing UV light absorption between 5 to 9 percent. The classical music increased UV absorption by small amounts. And rock music decreased UV light absorption, harming the DNA.
Music that is tuned to the 440 hertz which makes you tired, oppressed and other negative symptoms versus 432 hertz is considered “cerebral” music that aids in the listener’s cognitive development. There is a whole conspiracy theory on 440 hz vs 432 just google it or ask a true music professional. Over and over again 432 seems to be the one for being present and connected to the earth and full of calming the mind.
There are numerous YouTube videos for specific healing goals if you just type in hertz or frequency for your desired result.
Here’s a few I found quickly in the 432 hz range:
Enigma- Temple of Love • Phil Collins – In the Air Tonight • Coldplay – Viva la Vida • Adele – Someone Like You • George Davidson – Spring Waltz • Kief Brown – Move Around • Alanis Morrissette – Thank You • Metallica – Nothing Else Matters
There’s even 9 hour playlists for sleeping found on YouTube • Here’s the playlist (67 popular songs) although the first song Storm I skipped past as it didn’t seem relaxing or in that hertz level. Here’s a rap 432 hz playlist.
Quick note on sleeping, remember that Lebron James gets minimum of eight hours then naps another 2 hours.
Where do you need healing? Try 30 minutes to 1 hour or longer depending on goal. Music can be calming to animals as well.
174 Hz (not a Solfeggio Frequency) Promote lucid dreaming, deep sleep and promotes a natural anesthetic effect
396 Hz Solfeggio Frequency (binaural beat) anxiety release, positive thinking
- the vibrations cleans the feeling of guilt which often represents one of the basic obstacles to realization
- also used for awakening and turning grief into joy – happiness meditation
- liberates from subconscious negative beliefs and thoughts and releases fear
- balances Root Chakra
417 Hz Solfeggio Frequency
• Removes Negative Energy from the body.
• Removes Negative Energy from the home and office.
• Removes Negative Thoughts and behavior patterns.
• Undo situations with Negative outcome.
• Facilitates change in you and others.
• To Come out of trauma.
• Is used for balancing Sacral Chakra
432 Earth Vibration (not on the Solfeggio scale but great to know & a binaural beat) – blissful sleep, power nap, MEMORY ENHANCER
528 Hz Solfeggio Frequency (binaural beat) super brain power, promote DNA repair and increased life energy
- tinnitus relief (ringing in the ears)
- affects the endocrine system
- known as the Love Frequency, Miracle Tone, Frequency of Transformation
- Promotes reducing stress hormone cortisol in our body
- It brings transformation and miracles into your life
- Heals chakras which is followed by its beneficial effects of increased amount of energy
- It also helps in balancing and tuning Solar Plexus Chakra which helps in more Self Confidence and Self Esteem
- Used for balancing Solar Plexus Chakra
639 Hz Solfeggio Frequency
- Enables creation of harmonious interpersonal relationships
- This tone can be used for dealing with relationships problems – those in family, between partners, friends
- Talking about cellular processes, 639 Hz frequency can be used to encourage the cell to communicate with its environment
- Enhances communication, understanding, tolerance and love
- Used for balancing Heart Chakra
741 Hz Solfeggio Frequency (binaural beat) Zen focus, creativity boost
- Removes Toxins and detoxifies the cells and organs.
- Cleans the body and home, workspace from harmful electromagnetic radiations.
- Purifies mind and body.
- Promotes expression and solutions.
- Used for balancing Throat Chakra
852 Hz Solfeggio Frequency – deep meditation (binaural beat)
- Helps to return to spiritual order
- Awakens intuition
- Awakens inner strength
- Raises cell energy
- Used for balancing Third Eye Chakra
963 Hz Solfeggio Frequency
- It awakens any system to its original, perfect state.
- When it is applied to a cell, it enables a kind of “cellular enlightenment” and transformation of the cell to a higher level.
- Helps us return to Oneness -to our very source. If you feel disconnected with rest of the world, this frequency can help.
- Used for balancing Crown Chakra
HOW CAN YOU USE THIS INFORMATION?
Think about times when certain music annoys you versus when you are feeling the vibe. There really is something to it.
Have you received a massage and the only music played every time is on the 432 hertz and the therapist didn’t do any energetic massage strokes to wake you up towards the end of the massage. Ask the therapist next time if they can play music for the mood in which you wish to be. Kind of like setting an intention! Need more energy maybe ask for 963 hz music or do your own research at home and see what you like when you are in different moods. Pharrell’s song Happy is 963 hz, Life House – Just You and Me and Eminem – Not Afraid(not censored).
All the others at the 963 hz frequency are mostly metaphysical vibes, god healing frequency and spa/cosmos type music which may be what you need. Be mindful that we operate on a natural body cycle known as circadian rhythm and can change when you introduce alcohol, unhealthy foods and stress you throw off your rhythm.
If you are ready to let us be your personal or nutrition coach, just give us a ring, text or email today.
You can get an onsite or virtual assessment (via zoom) with Tonya so we can access the quality of your body’s movement and discuss your goals. We have streamlined our custom take out fitness programs in a way our clients really like and come back for more. How? We assess them, ask what equipment is available if any, write program for them, send via email or text along with a short 5-10 minute video demonstration of the 2 programs. Interested in this? Call or text to see how we can help you 901-466-6242.
Call, text or email us to get started Personal Training or utilize our Massage Therapy Services today! 901-466-6242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT A VIRTUAL FREE FITNESS CONSULT OR IF YOU ARE READY TO MEET ONSITE FOR OUR PERSONAL TRAINING OR NUTRITION or GIVE US A TEXT OR CALL AT 901-466-6242
Tonya Tittle, M.S., ACSM
Owner/Dir. of Training, Energy Fitness (established 2002)
ACSM, TPI Level 1 Certified, Rock Tape, Rock Pods (cupping therapy), Rock Tape Blades & Blades Advanced
FMT Basic, Metagenics FLT, more certifications, qualifications and awards listed in my bio on website.
Our covid guidelines are that staff will be wearing face coverings as well as clients for massage. You will have to sign a Covid19 release form, wash your hands upon arrival, etc. All clients onsite must sign Covid form, successfully answer health Covid questions and socially distance.
Click here for information on our Healing Arts Services