Beating the Holiday Bulge BEFORE the Holidays…
Are you one of the many that over-indulge over the Holidays, and then end up starting the New Year feeling sluggish and out of shape? The personal trainers at Energy Fitness, downtown Memphis often get an influx of new clients wanting to get a jump start on the Holidays starting as early as October. Wouldn’t it be fun to look and feel your best this year while catching up with family and friends over the Holidays? (Do you really want your friends to see you out of shape hiding yourself in baggy clothes or hear the broken record of how everyone is going to start working out and eating right when the new year gets here?) Personally, I think January is the worst time ever to be motivated to make such a lifestyle change. I mean really…it’s cold, dark, and uninspiring! Do the hard work when covered up with long sleeves and pants and be ready for the big reveal when spring hits.
What simple strategies below are you willing to implement NOW?
If you don’t already have one, start an exercise routine. No time like the present, why wait until AFTER the holidays? All of those Holiday treats should be good motivation.
check out our 10 Week Intro. program
Plan your meals ( and your treats) Eating meals lower in calories and heavy on the veggies during the Holiday season leave you a little more room for those treats. If you are eating clean 80% of the time the other 20% of the time you can indulge. (You can call them “treat days” I straight up call them binges in the most positive way possible. I like to save my binge times for one day and have say 3 doughnuts all at once. You might say WOW that’s crazy..Think about it…it’s really a better option to go big and get it out of your system than having a little every other day that add up to far more calories in the long run than my 3 doughnuts once a month). Just don’t keep the treats hanging around the house or in sight.
Pack your lunch for work (you won’t have a choice but to eat what you have brought)
Snacking..Be aware of how much you have been snacking, and have healthy snack options on hand in the office, in your purse or briefcase, home or car (be careful of the car as sometimes it can be a cue for mindless snacking).
Ditch the sodas
Drink more water. Divide your body weight in half and try to drink that many ounces daily.
Cut back the alcohol
Get in more steps. Park in the farthest spot, take the stairs, keep moving!
Sleep more! There is youth and vibrancy in at least 7 hours of sleep.
Track your results. Nothing keeps us as motivated as seeing proof our healthy habits are working.
At Energy Fitness we are here to help motivate you and provide you with all the resources you need to be your best self this Holiday season (and always…my motto is be beach ready all year long.)
Remember we have a limited time 10 week program on special that ends on 12-28-18, check it out and see if its the right fit for you!
Not ready to commit just yet? Then click here for a FREE Consult (value $87), no pressure! We call you and ask you about your goals, what you are doing now and tell you how we work with our clients & give you more information about our services & packages. If you think we are the right fit you can get on our schedule to meet onsite.
Energy Fitness, 552 South Main Street, Memphis, TN 38103
901-466-6242 (voicemail and text)