Don’t YOU go down the path of new years resolutions. Instead before the New Year even hits, write out 3 things you can commit to doing for 3-6 months to improve your health and wellness. This time period is long enough to be able to see visible and noted changes for better health and create better habits. If you like some of the ideas below then simply print and highlight and put date when you start as a great visual reminder of your goals and future success.
Let me give you some ideas.
- put your exercise clothes out the night before, I go a step further and put out what I’m going to wear for the day as well since I’ll be changing at the studio which is also my place of work. Checking the weather can help make the determination on how to dress. When I swim I pack up my swim bag that has towel, swim suit (forgotten that a few times, can’t swim naked!), shower supplies, BCAA’s (keep bottle in gym bag to take before hoping in pool) and a post workout protein shake.
- Find a protein shake that works for you and that you will be consistent with
- Get 50-80 grams of protein daily (You can’t store protein which is why you need every few hours. Your body can process about 40 grams every 4 hours).
- drink more water – half your body weight in ounces and 4 ounces for every 15 minutes of exercise (add electrolytes for more effective hydration, I like Gatorade zero packets)
- better skin care – use toner twice a day to get all the gunk off your face. It’s really motivating to see dirt on those little round squares the morning after you washed, toned and moisturized the night before. Must be that circulating air in the night from HVAC.
- take supplements needed to supplement the lacking nutrients in your diet
- weight train 2-3 times per week. hire a trainer if you need one and let me tell you lots of you out there need one and with more functional movement (bending, twisting, stretching custom to where you are now.)
- take breathing breaks 4 times during the day to help reduce cortisol/stress response that can hold on to belly fat and extra pounds. In through the nose 4-6 seconds and out slow as well.
- get 7-8 hours of sleep 5-7 nights per week.
- pack your lunch
- no fast food
- read ingredients for new foods as grocery, avoid msg, added sugar and avoid things in which you cannot pronounce or even know what it is.
- try a meat free day weekly
- cut alcohol or greatly reduce consumption
- cut or greatly reduce caffeine
- enjoy some herbal tea
- add 10 minutes of stretching to your weekly routine just before bed a 3-5 times per week or daily
- enjoy an epson salt or mineral soak 1-3 times per week
- add dry brushing daily to your pre-bath or pre-shower routine
- add fascia blasting or trigger point ball therapy 3-4 times per week
- get a massage 1-2 times per month
- YOU and a friend help keep each other accountable to exercising daily or 5-6 times per week (no excuses)
I made this list in like 5 minutes which is easier when you find yourself doing a lot of healthy things already. Take time to contemplate what you are willing to do. It about making it fit and being consistent.
Energy Fitness is a Boutique Fitness Studio by appointment only serving the Greenville/Travelers Rest, South Carolina area onsite and also online. We aren’t a gym.
We work with clients ages 40-70 that are busy executives, biz owners, working parents and retired active individuals. We work around injuries & use your time effectively with our 30 min. Semi-Private Sessions.
Let us keep you accountable with my over 30 years as a fitness professional getting thousands of individuals feeling and looking great? No excuses as we’ve got onsite and online to keep you accountable to YOUR GOALS.
Check out our ONSITE facility in Greenville, South Carolina (Travelers Rest area) where most of our clients personal train with us twice weekly. Video tour 2000 sf facility. We also have ONLINE Via zoom twice weekly.
Our packages include functional movement screening and other helpful items so we can assess your starting point and see the quality of how your body moves. Our standard packages last anywhere from 4.5 months to 12 months (because honestly you know it’s gonna take more than an intro program to get you to where you want to be!). You can always find out more about all of our options by contacting us for a consult via phone and or/in person.
Invest in yourself!
Get started by CLICKING HERE IF YOU WANT A FREE ONSITE or VIRTUAL FITNESS CONSULT (VALUE $87) or one of our other services listed above. Just give me a call or text at 901-466-6242 and we can chat about your goals and tell you about our programs.
If you haven’t had a functional movement assessment with a professional observe the way you move different joints and movements with your hips, shoulders, wrists and spine then how do you know you are doing the most effective strength training, flexibility or cardio program? Hire someone like me to get you on track with a program to help you reduce current pain, eliminate pain, improve your current program or enhance your athletic performance.
Tonya Tittle, M.S., ACSM, LMT, TPI Level 1
Energy Fitness /Owner/Dir. of Training
(Club 29 Fitness Inc.)
898 N. Hwy 25 Bypass
Greenville, SC 29690 (Travelers Rest area)
WE ARE NOW OPEN ONSITE (AS OF AUG. 23rd, 2023)
click here for video tour: Energy Fitness